Flirting is a fun way of showing a guy that you’re into them without being too forward. It is one of the most important steps when it comes to attracting a guy. Therefore it is very important that you know how to flirt so it is not embarrassing or awkward.
One of my readers here at Couples Skills asked if I could provide some advice on how to flirt with a guy. Here are a few tips that will help.
Tips on How to Flirt with A Guy
Get his attention
According to recent polls, a smile and a laugh are simple, but sexy things all ladies should have. Once you perfect your laugh and smile, be nice and you will always get great results. In his book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment Steve Harvey puts it this way “Beauty is power; and a smile is its word.” Practice a natural smile or a laugh, and it will help you in awkward situations.
Use your eyes
Women have another secret weapon when looking to flirt with a guy, the eyes. The eyes are one of the most effective tools when flirting. There are several ways you can do this.
- You can give lusty stare
- Give playful look with a slight smile
- A lingering stare. Will help him know that you are deeply interested in him.
The “Magic touch”
Lightly brushing a guy with the right touch can send tingles through his body. You want to find a way to make contact in a variety of ways without being to obvious.
- Calmly tap him when laughing
- Put your hands or head on his shoulders if you feel tired.
- Give him a light touch on the shoulder or arm during a conversation
- Hold his arms lightly when you feel a bit nervous. This always gives him a nice sense of manhood and let’s him know you trust him to protect you.
Be careful not to do too much contact especially if you do not know the person very well. Once or twice is more than enough in the beginning. You do not want to send the wrong message.
Give out Sweet Compliments
Women are not the only people that love compliments. One of the best and most effective tips on how to flirt with a guy is to give compliments. Make sure that it is done in a very friendly and casual manner. Do not make up compliments that are not true. Always honest and compliment the guy on the things you love about them. You could compliment them on
- Their look. This can be style or physical appearance
- Work ethic
Let Your Body Language Do The Talking
Body language is another great way to flirt with a guy. Using your eyes and smiling is a part of that as well, but also try:
- Flipping your hair. Twist it and untwist it seductively, run your hands through it and tuck it behind your ear. This will clearly let a guy know you are flirting with him.
- Playing with your necklace. Playing with your necklace will quickly draw his attention to your neck line and most guys find this area on a woman to be very attractive.